Last Updated: May 24, 2018
If you are in one of the EU/EEA countries, beginning in May 25, 2018, you will be entitled to certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
First, you should know that PlayPosit, our presentation platform and related services (collectively, the “Service”) takes the minimal amount of information we need in order to offer our service. We do not sell or remarket information about our customers or users.
By visiting the the Service or communicating with the Service you consent to the purposes for which we process your Personal Information. You will have a right to withdraw consent to processing. For the Personal Information we collect on the Service, this means you may withdraw your consent to processing by leaving the Service, suspending your account if you have registered, and requesting that we delete your Personal Information by contacting us at email@example.com.
You will have the right to access your Personal Information that we hold.
You will have a right to demand modification of inaccurate Personal Information.
You will have the right to erasure of past data about you (your “right to be forgotten”).
You will have the right to demand that we restrict processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions, if you believe we have exceeded the legitimate basis for processing, processing is no longer necessary, are processing, or believe your Personal Information is inaccurate.
You will have a right to data portability of Personal Information concerning you that you provided us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, subject to certain conditions.
The Personal Information we collect on the Service is not used for automated decision making and profiling, except for our own customer communication via e-mail or support. And you can opt-out of direct marketing by the Service.
The Service’s is a US based company with no physical presences in the EU.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM USERS. In order to use the Service, users must submit their name and email to the Service. This is the only personally identifiable information we collect from users (including students). The Service provides users with one place to organize and present their knowledge and content. Students may sign up either by going to the site or by a teacher adding them to a class. We use the names and email address of students only to provide the Service, and do not disclose them to anyone other than a student’s own teachers or organization administrators except under the circumstances described in Section 5 below.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM USERS.
4. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
5. HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION. We do not share any personal information submitted to the Service by users with any third parties, except under the following limited circumstances:
7. HOW TO VIEW AND EDIT YOUR INFORMATION; ACCOUNT DELETION
9. SECURITY. We take precautions to maintain the security and integrity of personal information you submit to the Service, including storage of your profile and personal information on a secure server behind a firewall.
11. HOW TO CONTACT US. If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.